Friday, August 10, 2007

Portable Tool Kit - Good to have onboard



We don't always think about what is needed once we leave our home airport. As part of an ongoing series of "must have" items to pack, I'd like to start with the basics. Nothing could be more fundamental than a tool kit.

What do you need to have with you? Well, though many of you would like to carry the entire workshop, at a minimum, I suggest a multi-tip screwdriver, crescent wrench, pliers, Needle Nose Pliers, Allen Wrench, Tape, Flashlight, and Hammer (for banging in stakes if you have to tie down or getting a tough nut loose).

I've tried many kits over the years, but have personally settled on a basic soft-pack that is easy to fit into my side pouch, lightweight, and inexpensive. Just enough to get me back into the air until I can make more permanent repairs.

No comments: